Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday, May 28, 2004. Arrivederci to Italy

Time to go home. I think we are ready.
I never did figure out how to call a taxi. Gee, would have been nice if the rental agent could have helped. When she came to check us out she just helplessly said she didn't have the number. It just killed me because there was even a dock in front of our door and a water taxi could have picked us right up.

Instead we dragged our suitcases down four flights of steps, schlep them over the cobblestone street, not even really sure where we were going--trying to find the bus station.

Fortunately by following signs to Piazza Roma it was not too far, we only had to heave our suitcases up and over two bridges.

We found the bus station but we also found a taxi stand and it seemed that was the better way to go. 80 E he told me. No problem. It was a very nice way to leave Venice. The kids thought it was much nicer than a vaporetto ride. No kidding.

Our trip home was exhausting but uneventful.

Our Top 3 in Italy:
Isaac:
  • The cat sanctuary
  • Fragola granite
  • Pidgeons in St. Mark.

Sarah
            • Shopping
            • Colleseum
            • Gelato



Me
  • The Churches
  • Meals - both the good food and the experience of taking your time with your family
  • The adventures!

This was pretty much a once in a lifetime trip for us, and I'm really glad we did it.
If I had to do it again the only thing I would change is that I would PACK LIGHTER

No comments: